The following is a growing list of studies and websites relevant to the ecology, economy and culture of Maunalua Bay and its surrounding region. If you would like to submit a resource, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the title, author, year, publication, and website or link. We will add to the resources after review.
- Participatory Fishing Community Assessments to Support Coral Reef Fisheries Comanagement.
- Coastal Circulation and Sediment Dynamics in Maunalua Bay, Oahu, Hawaii. Measurements of Waves, Currents, Temperature, Salinity, and Turbidity: November 2008–February 2009.
- Nonindigenous Marine Species at Waikiki and Hawaii Kai, Oahu, Hawaii.
- Temperature-driven coral decline: the role of marine protected areas.
- Evaluation of Anthropogenic Impacts on the Flow of Two Coastal Springs in Maunalua Bay, South Shore, Oahu [Thesis].
- Fish Habitat Utilization Patterns and Evaluation of the Efficacy of Marine Protected Areas in Hawaii: Integration of NOAA Digital Benthic Habitat Mapping and Coral Reef Ecological Studies.
- Assessment of Fish in Maunalua Bay, O’ahu. Findings from Three Years of Marine Surveys (2009-2012).
- Nonindigenous Freshwater and Estuarine Species Introductions and their Potential to Affect Sportfishing in the Lower Stream and Estuarine Regions of the South and West Shores of Oahu, Hawaii.
- Participitory Fishing Community Assessments to Support Coral Reef Fisheries Co-Management. Pacific Science. February 23, 2013.
- Nature Conservancy of Hawaii Maunalua Marine Survey Report. Nature Conservancy of Hawaii.
- Malama Maunalua. Maunalua Bay User Survey – Gathering Local Knowledge to Inform Future Management.
- Maunalua Bay Pākini Survey 2008
- A Natural and Cultural History of Maunalua Bay and its Watershed [Research Project].
- Ke Kula Wela La o Pahua: The Cultural and Historical Significance of Pahua Heiau, Maunalua, O’ahu. 2014.
- Livable Hawaii Kai Hui
- Malama Maunalua
- Maunalua Fishpond Heritage Center
- Brief Geography
- The Place Names of Hanauma